Monday, August 9, 2010

August 2010 Scrapbuster Block/Instructions

Hello, Everyone! I just mailed my fabrics to each of you for the August block. My block is Little Miss Shabby's scrapbuster block, and the easy-to-follow tutorial can be found here: http://littlemissshabby.blogspot.com/2010/03/scrapbuster-block-tutorial.html

Please make one scrapbuster block. I have sent 1 square of Kona Coal + 1.5" and 2" strips to each of you. I also included about 24 small precut 1.5" print fabric squares. This should be 1/2 of what you will need (for the print squares) and save you a little cutting. I think it's fun to get to add a little of my own fabric when making bee blocks, so I hope you do too. If this is difficult for anyone, please let me know and I will send you more. I already have quite a few cut, so it won't be a problem at all.

This should be a fun way to use up some tiny scraps and result in a nice, scrappy quilt. I only ask that you do not use batiks (sorry, if you love them, but I really don't care for them). And there is no rush at all. I did the same block in June for another bee, and I'm still collecting those blocks. Just to be clear: Please take your time. I am in no hurry at all.



Hope everyone has fun!

Joan

1 comment:

  1. These blocks are so pretty together! Very nice, makes me want to use up all my scraps like this!

    ReplyDelete