Friday, January 22, 2010

February Blocks

See my blog post here. You'll be able to get an idea of what the finished quilt will look like. I have all your fabric cut (the white [Kona White] and gray [Kona Coal]) but would like to know if anyone will need any scraps to finish it. I'm wanting you to use your scraps, and I think I'd like a whole range of colors/patterns/etc, but more heavilly weighted towards saturated colors and not as many pastels, etc.

I have lots of scraps, so if anyone needs me to send any along (you'll need enough to make 4 blocks, which then go toether to make one 14" block). The blocks start out at 10.5" long each since the scrappy part is on the diagonal. I just did them in a scrappy strip style. I didn't piece with paper either...just sewed each piece onto the next. I'm not super concerned with them being precisely straight...just straight-ish, and would like a mix of thin strips and larger strips. But more larger than thin so you can really see the prints.

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has also! I'm going to put up another post with a mini-tutorial as to how I altered the original tutorial either later today or tomorrow.

Let me know about the scraps and I'll get those packages out. Thanks ladies!

5 comments:

  1. I have plenty of non-pastel, saturated, scraps. Just send the two solids my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I looked at your blog and I might just have to make one of those for me, wow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I have plenty of stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmh, I think for me it would be best if you sent some scraps. As far as I can figure, I'll need about 30 pieces around 2" by 4"? I do have some scraps, so I will try to rely on them and use yours to fill in if need be. I can always send back whatever I don't use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't need scraps. Just hope I get your colors right. :)

    ReplyDelete